Home » Updates
Category Archives: Updates
Having trouble visualizing what an unconference looks like? Check out this video!
Types of sessions…
The longer formal presentation
- •This is tricky, because it’s difficult to make a formal presentation interactive. But if you have a big, well-developed idea you can pull it off.
A short presentation to get things started
- 5-15 minutes of prepared material/comments by the session leader followed by an interactive discussion
- Someone identifies a topic they are interested in, others come to join the conversation and an interesting discussion happens
My Big (or Little) Question
- You have a question you want to know the answer to, and you think others in the group could help you answer it. This format could also just be the seed of a conversation.
Show & Tell
- You have a cool project, a demo, or just something to show and let people play with that is the springboard for all the conversation in the session. Alternatively, you can invite others to bring their own items to show and tell (perhaps with a theme), and everyone takes a turn sharing.
Learn how to do X
- If you’re inclined to teach, this can be simple and effective. Bring the equipment that you need, and have a plan that will let you teach five, ten, or 15 people how to do something all at the same time.
Use the hashtag #fsehdcamp for Feinstein Camp updates and tweet your reactions live during the conference.
What Is FeinsteinCampRI?
FeinsteinCampRI is a Free Professional Development Unconference for Educators by Educators
- An interest-driven, purely organic, professional development opportunity that encourages true professional dialogue;
- A gathering of motivated and intelligent educators from a range of content areas and grade levels;
- A series of sessions that may explore a technology tool, a discussion of best practices, or a collaborative presentation focused on current issues;
- An opportunity to engage in peer-to-peer sharing, and to make professional connection.
It’s a Conference, BUT… FeinsteinCampRI is Different… It’s more!
- Everyone has the opportunity to share professional knowledge
- Together we shape the content and outcomes of the conference
- You can show off a project, a technique, a tool, or a neat trick
- You can lead a discussion on a current issue
What Questions Might Be Explored?
- What role does technology play in schools today? Tomorrow?
- How are we preparing students for work and citizenship in the modern world?
- What exactly should we be teaching students and when?
- What are you curious about?
What is the Cost?
FeinsteinCampRI is F-R-E-E.
Our generous sponsors provide breakfast, snacks, and lunch.
What Should I Bring?
Your friends and colleagues
Your favorite wireless device will allow you to view running comments on Twitter, take notes, review apps, and view websites discussed throughout the day.